Thursday, July 7, 2011

MvM's World, Entry #23 - July Game Progress

Ok, so here we are just a week into July and I feel I am off to a terrific start on my goals for the second half of the year. Lets be honest, my gaming habits and trophy goals are extremely nerdy but they make me happy as hell, keep me occupied and busy, and make me feel like I am accomplishing something. That's all that matters right? :)

Ok, so I had a bit of a slammed gaming/troho holiday weekend last weekend. Over the course of just 3 days, I beat and or completed 4 games, and racked up 46 trophies. Considering I only need 102 trophies a month to hit my goal at the end of the year, that's a huge jump start! Here's the 411......


July 1st, 2011

(Truth or Lies, PS3, 13 Trophies) Man this was such an easy one to start with! I was able to 100% this game in under 35 minutes. Oddly it is a retail game yet it has no Platinum trophy. And only a mere 13 trophies altogether. I can't really complain though, and here is why...... I nabbed this game at Target. On clearance. For..... ready for this?....... $2.48. I kid you not! Not a bad price at all for 13 trophies and a game I will never play again. Wonder if I can sell it to GameStop for more than what I payed for it? lol



(After Burner: Climax, PSN, 12 Trophies) I had been wanting to get to this one for awhile, and this past weekend I finally did. I have always been bad at flying games, but I fondly remember playing this one in the arcades when I was a kid. So I sat down to check out the new HD remake, and before I knew it, I had 100% of the trophies for the game. Pretty easy to do when you have this new EX mode thing in the game. When you accomplish certain things in the game, you will unlock EX Enhancements...... a fancy term for in game cheats. Pretty much making it super easy for anyone to get all of the trophies in this game. After a few playthroughs, I unlocked enough things to blast my way to the secret 'A' ending and unlock the final trophy. Done. I will have to play again though, was a lot of fun. :)



July 2nd / 3rd, 2011

(Stacking, PSN, 17 Trophies) Words can't describe this fun and quirky little puzzle/adventure game. Assuming the role of a tiny Russian nesting doll, and being able to jump into larger nesting dolls to complete tasks and puzzles is a really interesting idea. Each doll has it's own abilities, personalities, and humor. The game is decent in length and I finished over the weekend. Got it for free via my PS+ membership months ago, and never got around to playing it. Was so much fun, I would love to see another game in the series. Maybe a sequel?


(Stacking: The Lost Hobo King, PSN, 4 Trophies) While this is technically an Add-On for Stacking, "The Lost Hobo King" is actually an adventure of it's own. A new world, and a new story, it is MUCH shorter than the main game itself, but just as much fun. The puzzles were a tad trickier, and a little longer but nothing too bad at all. With new nesting dolls to unlock and interact with, it was overall a great 'little' adventure. Finished this one up fairly quickly after finishing the main game. :)


Having 46 out of the 102 trophies I need for the month is a great start, and there are still 3 weeks to go! And with all of the games I have sitting to go through, man.......... I just may get my goal sooner. Or surpass it. Or both. :)

Game On!

- Gamer42

No comments:

Post a Comment